top of page


What should I do if I see vehicles off road?

If you see a vehicle (car, quad or motorbike) driving or parked more than 15 yards from the highway on the open hilltop we would recommend you call the police on the 101 non-emergency number to report the incident or 999 if you or someone else is in immediate danger or you need police help immediately.

If you can manage to take down the registration and a description of the vehicle this is even better but please don’t endanger yourself in doing so. This information can then be checked against those who have a right or permission to drive off road, such as farmers and landowners, and prosecutions can potentially be made.

Illustration of a quad bike.
bottom of page